Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Out and About in Perth WA

Ok well yet again I am being very slack and instead of adding to my planning for next week I am updating my blog... by the way I believe I will be more up-to-date than bear already! Just too good! So here is the low down of my last month and I will work back slowly as time permits! Maybe not tonight but at a later stage! So my life last month consisted of flying to Perth for my BEST FRIENDS WEDDING! She looked amazing! I was soooo lucky to have been able to go with the price of airfares and with my internship on around that time but I went and it was great! The only bad part was I only got to see her as she walked down the aisle and not before since I was only there from the Wed to the Sunday nite. She was way too busy to see me before which I knew would be the case and I was so happy just to be there for her special day! The rest of the time I was in Perth I spent catching up with YSA and with Cassie and Simon. Ok so here was my itinerary while I was in Perth:
Wed flew into Perth around 5:30pm collected bags and it was raining. ST Kilda foot club was there collecting their bags as well... sorry no autographs! I was picked up from the airport by lovely Laura then went back home ditched my gear before we headed to tute to surprise a few people who didn’t know i was coming! (That was quite amusing watching peoples expressions!)
Thursday consisted of me going shopping in the city and by the way I found the train station on my own and how to get back to our place just from memory from last time I was there in Feb! Pretty good hey! Then I had to get ready for my hot date! Lol Justin was taking me out to the shooting range then we had a nice nite planned. I did quite well actually and my first shot with the rifle I hit the star! Pretty good if I do say so myself. After that we headed to the Swan Valley for the best homemade hamburgers ever! Apparently... but they were pretty good! Then we headed up to the National Park to a hill that overlooked the city lights and watched the planes fly in. It was quite nice!























Friday I spent the day inside ‘cos it was RAINING! Silly Perth weather had not been the best since I had arrived . I also helped Kaysie move into the girls place then that nite I headed to the temple! That was AMAZING! Plus I saw a fellow Tassie and also an ex Tassie who moved over when she was little. We were introducing ourselves and she said her name and for some reason her last name came into my head and I asked her if that was her last name! So crazy! I was friends with her big sis growing up! After the temple we did some dancing then headed home.














































Sunday I finished packing and Dan picked me up to take me to sacrament meeting before I had to go meet up with Axle’s mates who were talking me to the wedding. We chat for a bit before heading off. I had Axle’s wedding which was AMAZING! She looked so beautiful and soooo HAPPY! She deserves to be so happy she is such a great person! After the wedding we headed back to her mates place for a bit before heading to the reception which was decked out so nice. It was a great venue. Just a little cold since the weather had been so poor but that’s ok! After the reception we headed to the airport to drop me off and Axles mates waited with me until my plane was ready to board at 12:10am. I had 3 seats to myself! How luck then I was on my way back home and Monday I arrived back in Tassie around 2:50pm and headed straight to the bus to get to Spudsville for my prac in Ringa. Whooo crazy but that was my busy 6 days in July!






















































1 comment:

Collette said...

Looks like fun shadey!! nice pics!