Sunday, August 31, 2008

The updates so far...

Ok so I decided to update my blog for this coming week! Yay… I’m doing well at this so far! Not too many gaps between posts so that’s a decent effort I say! Well this is what has been happening…
We had conference last weekend which I will upload pics of so everyone can see our car trip… lol mostly just Brad and Steph and I tried to get a pic of the snow on the mountains but I don’t think it worked! Anyways!
Since conference I have been back on my internship at Ringarooma! Just one week to go! I cant believe the time has just flown by so fast! I will be so excited once I finish as well since that will meant no more getting up at 6am for awhile and no more weeks without pay! I will be able to go back to working and I will be able to do some relief work and get some decent money! I cant wait for that! Especially since I need some to get to convention and pay for that! This year has been a very expensive year! I cant believe it! I feel like I am getting nowhere! Plus I have so many books to buy to help me when I’m out teaching… I guess that’s what I get for waiting until my last year at uni… But this way they are tax deductible, so it must have been a smart option! Then I have other expenses like Brad and Steph’s wedding and Clare’s baby will need things! The list goes on and on!
Oh last Sat we had our Stake service project which was actually lots of fun! We were helping to make communication books for students who with a disability! It was great to be able to help out! I was a little disappointed that were weren’t able to make more for them. They have quite a few that needed doing and we only made about 20 or so which was a pretty decent effort considering the number of pages in each book but it still would have been nice to do some more!
This week I am staying back with Collette and Marilyn which will make it a more fun filled week! Its so much nicer staying with them then at the nurses accommodation, which I have been doing . It gets lonely at the nurses accommodation and people come and go all the time. I did make a couple of friends but its so much better being with people you know well!
Well I think that about wraps it up for me! I will upload some of the clips I said I would upload.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

cool blog! Goodluck with your last week...Just think, you'll never have to do uni again (hopefully, unless you want to change careers!). Enjoy relief teaching and earning some big bucks :)